Click here to Apply
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role is to support the Category Development Team with Planogram writing, assigned tasks, special projects, KOMPASS execution, etc. This position will also assist and support the Category Development Team to integrate category and brand assessment into comprehensive and actionable plans and presentations based on customer first strategies. The Category analyst position will also work to develop and distribute category specific strategies that are consistent with Harlow-HRK and Kroger P.C.O.E. requirements.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute Kroger’s P.C.O.E and Kompass Planogram process base on developed timeline
- Pulling, analyzing, and recapping data (Nielsen, Kroger internal data, facing grids, mapping, etc.)
- Assist with Kroger KOMPASS project deliverables (store specific planograms, commodity reviews, maintenances and new item introductions) this would include accessing the Kroger system for information, organizing and posting data reports.
- Work in a support role to the Process Manager & other Category Analysts during KOMPASS reviews.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in assigned categories through syndicated data, Kroger data, market trends, etc.
- Tasks assigned by business needs and supervisors.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Teachable – Always apt and willing learn
- 1 to 3 years grocery retail experience with strong merchandising skills, preferably with Kroger.
- Strong computer skills; experience in Microsoft Office is required (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Apollo Space Management Suite experience is beneficial but not required
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills, along with the ability and desire to create and deliver effective persuasive presentations are required.
- Ability to function in a high communication environment (email, cell phone, text, IM, meetings, internet & intranet)
- Ability to work closely within a multi-functional cross-company team environment
- Flexibility surrounding work, projects, and schedule is a must
- Learn & understand “critical path” within project time line
- Must meet deadlines for deliverables
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Syndicated research (ACNielsen, SPECTRA, IRI, etc.) skills are beneficial but not required
- Apollo merchandising training and experience is beneficial but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree (studies in Food Marketing, Marketing, or related field, an interest in food and grocery retailing with a background in financial analysis would be beneficial).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Extensive viewing of computer screens
- Includes driving to Kroger G.O. in Cincinnati, offsite office in Blue Ash, and occasionally to local Kroger stores
- Limited potential travel for Food Shows or Market Visits.
- As defined by business necessity and office protocol.
Click here to Apply
- Work out of the Harlow-HRK office in Springdale, OH